IBPS common interview for clerical Post

Now a day there are number of vacancies in banking field. We got many queries from candidates preparing for IBPS about the Interviews. Candidates are eager to know what types of questions are asked in banking field. To solve their queries our team took the interview from many candidates who are selected in various banks at various posts. In this article we have presented the interview of Ankita who has been selected as a clerk in central bank of India.


Ankita said to our team: My interview was in New Delhi at 1 P.M. I reached at 11 P.M. Verification of documents took place. My interview was at 5th number. I was called for the interview. I was nervous before the interview but when I entered the interview room, I felt comfortable.

There were 4 members in panel, three males and one female. I wished them with a smile on my face. Then I took my seat.

Interviewer: Introduce yourself.
Me: told them my name, qualification, hobbies, strengths, my goals etc.
Interviewer: You have done MCA, then why do you want to go in banking sector
Me: I answered, Sir I think two fields are more comfortable for girls teaching and banking. In teaching there is no permanent vacancy for computer teacher. That’s why I am here.
Interviewer: tell me the importance of computers?
Me: Today there is no field where computer is not used whether it is bank, companies, hospitals, University.  
Interviewer: tell me the profile of a bank clerk
Me: opening A/c, clearing, issue DD, Deposit money, withdrawal of money etc.  
Interviewer: which bank controls all banks?
Me: RBI and explained.
Interviewer: who is the current Governor of RBI?
Me: D Suba Rao.
Interviewer: who was the previous governor of RBI?
Me: Sir I don’t the previous Governor.
Interviewer: what is CRR?
Me: Cash Reserve Ratio. Every bank has to put some deposit to RBI. The rate at this deposit is called CRR.


So this was my interview for clerical post. The interview duration was hardly 10 to 15 minutes. Luckily I was selected in central bank of India.